- Improve the security of authentication when using Firebase chat.
- Add new setting to control chat window minimize or not in the first time user access to the site.
- Don't open chat dock at All Messages page.
- Update "Manage Messages" page in AdminCP
- Fix bugs
What if your users want to have a private chat with their friends in your community? Understand that need, we provide the IM Chat for you to allow your users to send individual messages, attach external links, share emoji to other users.
- Click on the message icon to open the Messenger popup
- Can search for friends in the friend list to start the conversation
- Auto-suggestion while searching friends. Limit 100 conversations to show in Messenger popup as default
- Can resize the Messenger popup
- Can open the Messenger in new tab
- Notification for a new message:
- At top notification, if a user does not open Messenger popup
- At the corresponding conversation if the popup is being opened
- Move the latest conversation on top
- In one conversation
- Can search for content from all messages
- Can temporary hide the conversation
- Can turn on / off the notification so that this user does not receive notification for new messages of this conversation
- Can resize the chatting box
- Can attach files such as gif, jpeg, png, jpg and zip into a message
- Can use emoticon on message
- Can attach a link to a message
- Can delete a message sent by this user
- Allow unlimited characters in a text message
- Use Shift + Enter or Ctrl + Enter to add a new line on chatting box
- Apply ban filters for message content
Setting - Back End
- Configure the Node JS or Firebase as Chat server
- Configure total latest conversation in IM list
- Configure how long user can still delete their own message
Manage Notification Sound
- Configure the notification sound for the new message. Admin can upload a new sound file to replace the default one
Import Data From V3
- Admin can import all messages from V3 to the new site
- Admin can purchase the hosting packages which price is $5/month for 50 active users to rent IM server from phpFox
Please follow below steps to
1. Install new phpfox IM app on phpFox site:
- Give 777 permission for folder PF.Site/Apps/core-im/.
- Install the IM app from the store.
- Set up Chat server by following this tutorial.
- Give 775 permission for files in folder PF.Site/Apps/core-imassets/sounds/.
2. Setup Chat Server:
- Please visit our doc to get this information.