This app will add awesome Desktop notifications feature for your website. Your users will be prompted to allow your site to show them notifications (just like on Facebook). From that point users will start to get notifications about their interactions, new messages, friend requests and more on their desktop.
The app works with Firebase – free service from Google that allows to send Web Push Notifications even if the user is not using your website at the moment. This is a great tool to encourage users to return to your website with powerful notifications instrument.
After installing Desktop Notifications, you have to follow below instructions in order to config FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging) to enable Desktop Notifications:
1) First of all, you need to have a Firebase account and you’ll need to create a new project within it
2) When the project is created, go to gear icon > project settings
3) Click "Add Firebase to your web app"
4) You will see a pop-up with a code. Copy it and place it in Desktop Notification app's settings in your AdminCP.
5) Next setting you will need to find is Server Key. Server key is located in Cloud Messaging tab of your project's settings.
If you will need any assistance, please contact us at https://www.phpfoxer.com/contact-us/
v1.0 – initial release;
v1.1 – fixed minor issues related to compatibility with 4.4.x, added user group settings;
v1.2 – fixed issues related to Microsoft Edge and other non-compatible browsers.
v1.3 – fixes related to appearance on iOS / Safari devices (Safari don't support Notifications API yet).