- Compatible with phpFox 4.8.4
- Fix bugs
Since Facebook is one of the largest and most popular social network sites for the publicity, many people would like to use their Facebook accounts to join other networks. By using Facebook Connect app, your users can join your community conveniently by logging in with their Facebook account.
- This app is applied to ALL phpFox packages. Refer to https://www.phpfox.com/pricing to see all packages
1 . Sign up with Facebook account by following below steps:
- Go to the community landing page and click on the Facebook icon to sign up
- User has to authenticate the Facebook's account
- System saves the Facebook's email and generate a random password
- System get gender of user from Facebook to save to the database
- System download profile image of user from Facebook and save as avatar of user
2 . Sign in with Facebook's account
- At next time, user can login with Facebook account and he / she may need to authenticate the account again
- In case user sign up normally with email, ex: email@example.com, then next time, he / she sign in with Facebook's account whose email is also firstname.lastname@example.org, system will not get more user info from Facebook as gender or profile image
3 . Sign in normally with email
- User can use the Facebook's email to login into the community. The password is generated by the system when user sign up. Hence, the user should change the password then.
4 . For those whose Facebook account is not verified by Facebook Team, while signing up via Facebook account, phpFox won't be able to get info from the email. In this case, user will need to input email manually
Please follow below steps to install Facebook Connect app:
1 . Give 777 permission for folder PF.Site/Apps/core-facebook/.
2 . Install the Facebook Connect app from the store.
3 . Clear cache on your site
Congratulation! You have completed the installation process.
- Please visit our doc to get this information.