- Free Update
? UI/UX improvements
Video Status app will allow users of your network to post short videos by recording them using web camera of their device.
- Chrome: supported (v49+);
- Firefox: supported (v58+);
- Chrome on Android: supported (v66 confirmed);
- Samsung Internet (v6.2+);
- IE / Edge / Safari / Opera: not supported;
App requires https protocol because of browser API requirements.
Please note that Video Status app may not work with custom third-party feed apps. If you have non-standard feed – please clarify with its developer if it supports Video Status app.
- Admin will be able to configure length of video status, set user groups allowed to post video status and allow or disallow to download recorded videos;
- Our application uses API of user's browser to get a media stream;
- Every user will have a special page where his video status messages will appear;
- 4.1.0 – initial release;
- 4.1.1 – added an option to post video status right from the activity feed form (Video Status tab);
- 4.1.2 – added an option to stop recording and improved stability of the script in different browsers;
For some reason Apple doesn't allow video or audio recording in Safari – we don't know why. We are a small company and we have no affect on Apple in terms of their development priority, but the fact that Safari is not currently supported is known: https://caniuse.com/#feat=mediarecorder it is possible to enable media recording as an experimental feature, however in real word it's hard to believe that regular user will change any advanced settings just to record a video / audio on the website. Some experienced users can, but regularly this most probably will not happen. As soon as Apple will enable this feature – of course, we will allow users to record video / audio through their iOS devices, but this does not depend on us.